1. 'The Olympics'
2. 'The Jubilee'
3. 'Our trip to the seaside'
4. 'Our trip to the butterfly house'
1. Make a frame or buy one (I made a simple frame from 4 pieces of wood)
2. Grab a square of fabric, best to use white.
3. use a selection of different soft papers such as tissue paper and crepe paper and LOADS of watered down PVA glue and keep gluing and layering the colours up until the whole piece of fabric is covered.
4. Add pictures/objects/text on top when it has dried!
For our Olympics picture:
We used white for the background and then went crazy with the silver glitter to create a really lovely textured effect.
|We added 5 rings...|
|...and a gold torch|
|We used red, blue and white for the background to represent the flag but in the end it created a great 'confetti' effect|
|We also added a crown and '2012' to create a 3D effect...nice and simple|
|we were careful to split the fabric in half to create a beach and a sea|
|we collected loads of interesting shells on our trip and I carefully glue gunned them onto the canvas|
|Then we added fish and a crab to finish it off!|
|We wanted the picture to stand out so we aimed to use 3D effects|
|we stuck our butterflies on so they stood out to make the picture have a 3D effect.|
|We used the skills that the art teacher had taught us to create effects on acetate|
|we added some other insects using the same 3D effects!|